Outcomes, Priorities, and Objectives
The Kamloops Chamber of Commerce is indispensable to the success of the Kamloops business community.
The Kamloops Chamber of Commerce is a proven partner that connects, supports, and advocates for the Kamloops business community.
- Leader in the business community
- Business in Kamloops will thrive.
- Kamloops Chamber memberswill feel like a part of the broader community.
- Businesses in Kamloops will feel Chamber membership is necessary for success.
- Maximize efficiency withorganizationalresourcecapacity
Priorities & Objectives
- Improve membership retention.
- Create and execute retention strategy
- Create member journey map(automations)
- Revise member onboarding process
- Map out intentional touch points throughout the course of the calendar year and seek out opportunities for improvement
- Increase engagement on MIC
- Schedule marketing/communicationsto support the membership retention touch points
- 2. Increase and diversify membership.
- Choose 100 targets for attraction based on business community research, that aligns with Chamber themes or priorities.
- Utilize data from Venture Kamloopsto understand growing/emerging industries and trends•Identify 51+ companies that are currently not members
- Identify opportunities with Sun Peaks businessesand Tk’emlups te Sewepemc
- 3. Welcome to business campaign – to make all new businesses feel included in the Kamloops business community
- Including welcome to business email/phone call
- 4. Optimize member value proposition.
- Monitor and research trends on how business industry is evolving and consider trends in planning.
- Modernize member benefit offering through affinity program partners and Chamber network.
- Including member pension plan
- Execute business community values survey
- Research alternative dues structures and the costs for bringing in a consultant
- Improve communication loop with membership to guide strategic planning
- Create process and schedule to report to membership on Board & Organizational work
- Leverage the capacity of members and partners to enhance value, service, and standing to increase capacity to the Chamber
- Actively seek out municipal/regional opportunities for member engagement
- Create process for expression of interest in recruiting members
- Create process tracking activities and reporting
- Create recognition program for volunteers
- Increase public awareness of the Chamber, its services, and its impacts.
- Execute Chamber 125 campaign
- Execute awareness campaigns with Kamloops This Week & Castanet
- Increase member awareness of the Chamber, its services, and its impacts.
- Grow weekly briefing subscription list
- Highlight member engagement/ chamber activities through communication schedule
- Compete to be the pre- eminent business association through brand identity and
- Communicate differences between business associations/ organizations and
strengthen brand identity
- Insert into Mayor’s welcome letter and welcome businesses into the
- Support ongoing economic recovery through advocacy and member services.
- Take charge on Mayor’s Economic Recovery Task Force Report Recommendations
Research viability of co-working/innovation space
- Execute valuable programming schedule and the Business Excellence
- Create and champion policies and positions, consistent with Chamber brand, that improve conditions for Kamloops businesses
- Execute continuous feedback loop with membership to funnel data to the Chamber Board
- Execute business community surveys to gather data
- Host monthly industry roundtables to gather data